FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Is this configuration supported with V-Series?

ralfaro01zero

Is it supported to "partially virtualize" a 3rd party array with V-Series and leave part of that 3rd party array working without V-Series? Let's say, I create 2 different RAID configurations on a 3rd party array, I use one RAID configuration with V-Series and the other RAID configuration I use it without V-Series, using independent FC ports for each configuration.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

Yes. We have customers doing this. The best practice is exactly what you wrote to have dedicated ports for the v-series.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

scottgelb

Yes. We have customers doing this. The best practice is exactly what you wrote to have dedicated ports for the v-series.

View solution in original post

ralfaro01zero

Great, that's good news!. Just one more question, Is it necessary to create individual RAID configurations or can the V-Series and the non V-Series storage share the same RAID?

Thanks.

Ricardo.

scottgelb

Per the v-series best practice guide, use dedicated array RAID groups.

slusnia

Yes, You do need separate aggregates for the arrays and for NetApp shelves.  The V-Series aggregates use raid-0 since the LUNs are already protected on the array.  Aggregates with NetApp disks use raid-dp.

ralfaro01zero

Perfect, thank you very much.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public