ONTAP Hardware

Issues with accessing shares on a FAS270

mvalpreda

Have an old FAS270 at a customer that we are trying to decommission. Having an issue with accessing the volumes. Can get into FilerView and see the volumes, but cannot get to them from a Windows machine. Going to \\fas270 says 'The account is not authorized to log in from this station.'

I think this old device is using WINS for resolution/authentication and there is no WINS on this network. If I do a domain controller test, it fails.

I would like to move this to local users if I can just to get the rest of the data off, but I don't see anywhere in the device to set up local users.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

2 REPLIES 2

aborzenkov

You forgot to say what Data ONTAP version you are using. In 7G local users are managed by useradmin command; I do not remember earlier versions.

mbeattie

Hi,

The reason you are unable to access the CIFS shares might be related to client side security configuration.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/error-message-the-account-is-not-authorized-to-log-in-from-this-station

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public