2013-08-27 05:56 AM
I have a FAS3240 8.1.2 7-mode separate in 2 enclosures. Only two onboard SAS ports 0a and 0b.
I want to connect within only one stack:
- One DS4243 IOM3 24x SATA 2TB
- One DS4243 IOM3 24x SAS 600GB
- One DS4246 IOM6 24xSATA 3TB
- One DS2246 IOM6 24xSAS 1.2TB
I can mix SAS and SATA in the same stack, but with only one single transition between SATA and SAS. Not best practice, but supported.
So I connected DS4243 SAS first, then DS2246 SAS, and after DS4246 SATA and finaly DS4243 SATA.
In ConfigAdvisor 3.3.0, I have warring message: I cannot mix IOM3 and IOM6 in the same port 0a, or with only single transition between IOM3 andIOM6. It's not recommended!
But in my case, I can follow only one of the both recommendations:
1) SAS IOM3 =>SAS IOM6 => SATA IOM6 => SATA IOM3. But their is two transitions between IOM3 and IOM6.
2) Or I can configure SAS IOM3 =>SATA IOM3 =>SATA IOM6 =>SAS IOM3, but their is two transitions between SAS and SATA.
Can I keep my actual configuration 1) ?
Is there performance impact or any issue in the future?
Thanks for your help
Solved! See The Solution
1 REPLY 1