ONTAP Hardware

Modules of the stack on the same PCI card

Ssmartodd

Hi, I have a Config Advisor error on my FAS 3220 : "Modules of the stack "4d | 4a" are connected to the same PCI card. 

I am very new to FAS environment. We are setup with 2 controllers and 4 SATA ('same PCI card error') / 6 SAS shelves (Stack Multipath - good). I'm really looking for a good place to start the troubleshooting? 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeanHatfield

It means what it says.  There are two modules from the same stack connected to the same PCI card.  Moving one of them to a different PCI card will resolve the issue in configu advisor, if another card is available in the configuration.  That platform has two onboard SAS ports, and you have a card in slot4.  With no additional cards you can do 2 stacks while observing the splt-asic and split-pci card rules.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SeanHatfield

It means what it says.  There are two modules from the same stack connected to the same PCI card.  Moving one of them to a different PCI card will resolve the issue in configu advisor, if another card is available in the configuration.  That platform has two onboard SAS ports, and you have a card in slot4.  With no additional cards you can do 2 stacks while observing the splt-asic and split-pci card rules.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public