FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions
I'll have to setup a FAS3240 7-Mode with HA. I've experience with only CDOT and unfortunately not 7-Mode.
This 7-Mode HA will be used for a backup repository with ISCSI with 4 Gbs ports that will be used as a teaming LACP on each controller.
- Do you have a procedure with command lines for this kind of setup setup ? I've read someting about host and RC files.
- How many ISCSI lifs should be created for that ? 1 on each controler ? Same subnet ? Any idea of the max size of LUNs ?
- is it necessary to have vFiler ? Only ISCSI will be used.
Best would be to have a kind of to do like I have with CDOT systems.
Good end of week-end !
See The Solution
1) Most of the basics can be done through System Manager. You can download it.
2) I believe 1 is fine. It only has HA failover, so the only thing you need to do is make sure the partner statements exist in the rc file for the "ifconfig" statements.
3) https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting%2FData_Storage_Software%2FONTAP_OS%2FWhat_is_the_maximum_size_to_which_a_LUN_can_be_resized <--answer should be here
Also documentation links: https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=61599&language=en-US (yes 3250, but a lot is applicable).
View solution in original post
In case you're not already aware, the FAS3240 has passed its End of Support date and is no longer supported by NetApp.