FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

No console output on FAS3020

ProfessorHua

I have just inherited a couple of FAS3020 arrays. I powered them on and there are no status alerts. The problem is that there is no output from the console port on either array. I have tried using both PuTTY and Tera Term at 9600 8-n-1. The terminal window stays blank for both arrays. Am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No console output on FAS3020

HONIG2012

do you have the correct serial cable - perhaps that could be an issue - do you to have filers where you can try -

are they "cleared", so in a factory reset state or is the system already running?

-AJ

georgevj

Hope the serial cable is in good condition. Is there a chance that you can get the credentials and IP address of the RLM?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

ProfessorHua

Thank you for the responses. Instead of using the USB to DB9 cable, I found a computer that still had a DB9 port. I was able to console successfully from that PC. Strange thing is that I have been able to use the USB to DB9 converter without any problems on our Cisco gear.

Thanks again!

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public