FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Problems with joining a new cluster

DIAMETRICH

Hello,

I am completely new to NetApp. I've just set up two FAS3050c's with 4 DS14mk2 disk shelves attached via FC-AL. The nodes are running OnTAP GX 10.0.1P2. In the process of configuring the nodes, I created a cluster on one node, then attempted to join it on the second node. I'm getting the following message repeating on the second node, after the 'cluster join' command:

Cluster join waiting: Waiting for local Replication Database (RDB) to become ready

The first node ('toast1a') shows the second node ('toast1b') in the right places:

toast1a::> system show

Node      Health Eligibility Uptime        Model       Owner    Location 

--------- ------ ----------- ------------- ----------- -------- ---------------

toast1a   true   true        03:08         FAS3050             

toast1b   false  true        -             -           -        -

But it also says, under things like 'cluster statistics show', that the replication service is offline (this sounds relevant to me):

toast1a::> clust statistics show

Counter         Value         Delta

------------- ------------- -------------

CPU Busy:            3%             -

Operations:

Total:             0             -

NFS:             0             -

CIFS:             0             -

Data Network:

Busy:            0%             -

Received:        1.91MB             -

Sent:            0B             -

Cluster Network:

Busy:            0%             -

Received:         116MB             -

Sent:        1.61GB             -

Storage Disk:

Read:         375MB             -

Write:        6.02GB             -

WARNING: Unable to list entries for mgwd on node toast1b. mgwd on node toast1b is currently not accepting administrative requests. Replication service is

offline.

Question: How do I get the replication service online? This seems to be required for joining the cluster. Please let me know if additional information is required; I'm not sure what all is relevant here. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DIAMETRICH

I rebooted the second node after waiting on it for a couple hours. Now it appears to be a cluster member with no problems ... ahh, magic. Just what I want in my systems.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DIAMETRICH

I rebooted the second node after waiting on it for a couple hours. Now it appears to be a cluster member with no problems ... ahh, magic. Just what I want in my systems.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public