ONTAP Hardware

Snapvault State is Broken-off after creation

AsatothAbaddon

Hi all,

i have a problem with newly created Snapvaults and i have no idea how to fix this.

The Source-Volume is on a Metrocluster and had a Snapvault before, but was removed properly.

The Destination-Volume is a new Volume on a FAS2620 Cluster.

Both Systems are running ONTAP 9.1 (9.1P10 on the Metrocluster and 9.1P3 on the FAS2620)

After i created and initialized the Snapmirror with the type XDP, it is in the State Broken-off.

I check the Peer Status and this is fine, other Snapmirror/Snapvault are working fine.

Since i have no idea where to look at, just tell me what information you need to help me fixing this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheshanka

Hi Alex,

Did the initialization complete successfully ? What is the output of the below command, please have this  executed from the destination (FAS2620) cluster.

Destination_cluster::>snapmirror show -destination path <DES_SVM_NAME: VOL_NAME_DES> -instance (This would be a long detailed output ) 

example:
my_cluster::> snapmirror show -destination-path SVM1:vol_dr -instance

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sheshanka

Hi Alex,

Did the initialization complete successfully ? What is the output of the below command, please have this  executed from the destination (FAS2620) cluster.

Destination_cluster::>snapmirror show -destination path <DES_SVM_NAME: VOL_NAME_DES> -instance (This would be a long detailed output ) 

example:
my_cluster::> snapmirror show -destination-path SVM1:vol_dr -instance

Thanks

AsatothAbaddon

Hello Sheshanka,

thanks for the Reply!

I have fixed this today morning as I saw that the Volumes on the Destination were created as RW, and not as DP.

After i re-created the Volumes as DP, everything works fine.

Regards,

Alex

Public