FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Snapvault State is Broken-off after creation

AsatothAbaddon

Hi all,

i have a problem with newly created Snapvaults and i have no idea how to fix this.

The Source-Volume is on a Metrocluster and had a Snapvault before, but was removed properly.

The Destination-Volume is a new Volume on a FAS2620 Cluster.

Both Systems are running ONTAP 9.1 (9.1P10 on the Metrocluster and 9.1P3 on the FAS2620)

After i created and initialized the Snapmirror with the type XDP, it is in the State Broken-off.

I check the Peer Status and this is fine, other Snapmirror/Snapvault are working fine.

Since i have no idea where to look at, just tell me what information you need to help me fixing this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheshanka

Hi Alex,

Did the initialization complete successfully ? What is the output of the below command, please have this  executed from the destination (FAS2620) cluster.

Destination_cluster::>snapmirror show -destination path <DES_SVM_NAME: VOL_NAME_DES> -instance (This would be a long detailed output ) 

example:
my_cluster::> snapmirror show -destination-path SVM1:vol_dr -instance

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sheshanka

Hi Alex,

Did the initialization complete successfully ? What is the output of the below command, please have this  executed from the destination (FAS2620) cluster.

Destination_cluster::>snapmirror show -destination path <DES_SVM_NAME: VOL_NAME_DES> -instance (This would be a long detailed output ) 

example:
my_cluster::> snapmirror show -destination-path SVM1:vol_dr -instance

Thanks

View solution in original post

AsatothAbaddon

Hello Sheshanka,

thanks for the Reply!

I have fixed this today morning as I saw that the Volumes on the Destination were created as RW, and not as DP.

After i re-created the Volumes as DP, everything works fine.

Regards,

Alex

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public