FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

Upgrade 2020 > 2040

nsitps1976

Is it possible to upgrade a 2020 (single head) to a 2040(HA), if so what is the process (new controllers)?

Also, can the existing 2020 licenses be transferred to the2040?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

radek_kubka

Hi,

2020 & 2040 share the same chassis, so technically it is doable to remove 2020 controller & slot in two 2040 controllers.

Having said this, licenses are not transferable, so effectively it is a new purchase anyway (NetApp normally offers some credits for the old system as a form of a buy back).

Personally I'd ask for a quote for a new spanking 2040HA, mentioning 2020 is going to be returned.

Regards,
Radek

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

radek_kubka

Hi,

2020 & 2040 share the same chassis, so technically it is doable to remove 2020 controller & slot in two 2040 controllers.

Having said this, licenses are not transferable, so effectively it is a new purchase anyway (NetApp normally offers some credits for the old system as a form of a buy back).

Personally I'd ask for a quote for a new spanking 2040HA, mentioning 2020 is going to be returned.

Regards,
Radek

View solution in original post

nsitps1976

Great - Thanks

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public