FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

advise on synch mirror

GUVNIJJAR

I am trying to understand synchmirror, and trying to understand the term array luns.  How do define array luns, are they just raid groups, or disk groups.

Also the term storage arrays.  I read this terms in the netap manuals.  I just want to understand the terms.

Also in synchmirror it talks about 2 plexes, one local and one remote.   Is the local one, the current one which is the existing data, and the remote one is the mirror copy.  

Any advise

1 REPLY 1

radek_kubka

Hi,

How do define array luns, are they just raid groups, or disk groups.

Also the term storage arrays.

I think you took it from V-series documentation (gateway product), where it refers to 3-party arrays virtualised by NetApp controllers.

Also in synchmirror it talks about 2 plexes, one local and one remote.   Is the local one, the current one which is the existing data, and the remote one is the mirror copy.

Well, I think this is coming from MetroCluster setup - local plex is the active copy (read/write) & the remote is the passive one (read-only).

Regards,
Radek

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public