ONTAP Hardware

disk firmware newer than the firmware matrix (X425_SIRMN1T2A10)

francois_jamet

Hello everyone,

I am facing a quite strange issue with one brand new shelf of my FAS3220.

We added a new shelf full of disks (X425_SIRMN1T2A10), and i already had an other shelf full of the same disks.

My problem is simple, my new disks have the NA01 firmware revision, and my olders one are still in NA00, but i can't get the NA01 revision through the firmware matrix on the download support site (the only one avaible is NA01, the other funny things is that NA01 revision is listed in the qual_devices_v3 file so it seems a vaild revision...

I would prefer to have every disks running the same firmware before putting them in my aggregate.

Anyone knows where i can't get this NA01 revision? or ask netapp people to update the firmware matrix? or at least have a changelog between the two revisions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

francois_jamet

Just saw the matrix has been updated, thanks

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

rwelshman

That is odd, I would reach out to NetApp Support about it, looks like they haven't added it to the site (maybe overlooked? forgot?)

rwelshman

Also, maybe dowload the "all current disk firmware" zip and open it to see if they packaged it in there?

scottgelb

I checked the all.zip and do not see this drive in there yet.

Renifa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

francois_jamet

Thanks, but as i said the download link in the firmware matrix is only providing NA00 revision. the NA01 is not provided by the zip neither. Could you update the matrix?

Renifa

Hi Francois_jamet,

We are working on getting the matrix updated. Will keep you posted once its done. Thanx for the feedback.

Renifa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

francois_jamet

Hi Renifa,

thanks for your efforts, do you have an idea when the new matrix will be published?

Renifa

Hi Francois,

The content should be available by next week. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Renifa.

francois_jamet

Hi Renifa,

I don't see any updates in the firmware matrix, things are going to be urgent in my side, could you please give me a direct link to the firmware if the matrix is not updated fastly? 

thanks 

francois_jamet

Just saw the matrix has been updated, thanks

Public