ONTAP Hardware

fas 3220 move 2 disk shelf to other 3220

MBRACCO

We are in cluster on tap 8.3.2p1 for the moment.

We have 2 fas 3220 with 2 controllers each. So now we abondoned a site and powered off one fas 3220. We moved 2 2 connected disk shelves with 2x 24 disks to the other site and connected them to the fas 3220 there. All 48 new disks were immediately recognized as non assigned.

in cli i saw that they still belonged to the first fas. i did modify the ownership of the 48 drives to make them belong to the second fas. 24 disks to each controller.

now i cannot use the disks as they still belong to the first fas's aggregate. How can i make those 48 disks behave as new disks and assign each 24 to the aggreate of each controllers on second fas ?

Hopefully someone can help me out here ?

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

You need to delete the old aggregate. Refer KB 1013046 How to remove or access a foreign aggregate (an aggregate made out of orphaned disks) in clustered Data ONTAP

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

MBRACCO

Many thanks.

Yep. That worked fine.

Now i was able to add capacity to the existing aggregtes.

Mike

@MBRACCO wrote:

We are in cluster on tap 8.3.2p1 for the moment.

We have 2 fas 3220 with 2 controllers each. So now we abondoned a site and powered off one fas 3220. We moved 2 2 connected disk shelves with 2x 24 disks to the other site and connected them to the fas 3220 there. All 48 new disks were immediately recognized as non assigned.

in cli i saw that they still belonged to the first fas. i did modify the ownership of the 48 drives to make them belong to the second fas. 24 disks to each controller.

now i cannot use the disks as they still belong to the first fas's aggregate. How can i make those 48 disks behave as new disks and assign each 24 to the aggreate of each controllers on second fas ?

Hopefully someone can help me out here ?

Mike

Public