ONTAP Hardware

lost license

yogpehal

This is regarding IBM System Storage N3240 Model A24 ( FAS2240C-4 ) having Serial no- 1380820 & 1380821, is delivered to client location on 18th April 2013 due to client dependency and data center was not ready, Implementation was pending from long time now client is asking to complete the Implementation but they missed the paper license.

Unfortunately the support from Netapp for this product is no longer available for IBM. This ended 2 years ago, the only way is to contact directly Netapp support and request the license keys.

Client purchased FCP,ISCSI, CIFS, NFS and data ONTAP Essentials.  How do we get the license Keys.

Kindly help me in this case.

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh Pehal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andris
7 REPLIES 7

SpindleNinja

So this system is new still in box and the customer now wants to bring it live?     They're aware that there's no long support on it, nor updates or patches correct? 

I checked with some folks,  IBM generated their own keys back in the day when these systems where still shipping.  Have you checked internally?   

yogpehal

Hi,

Thank you so much for replying my query. 

Yes.. Client is very much aware that there's no long support on it, nor updates or patches are available. Still they want to use this box .

We have checked internally with team who supports N-Series products earlier. They reverted like .. Kindly open a case with Netapp to get license keys.

Now not able to understand.. to whom we need to contact. Stuck in a bad situation.

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh Pehal

SpindleNinja

Have you tried to open a case? 

yogpehal

Hi, I tried to open a case, but Filer serial no. ( IBM serial no.) not matching.

andris

Since neither IBM nor NetApp support the product anymore (for several years now...), your only recourse is to find the original paper copies of the licenses.

yogpehal

Is there any possibility to get temporary licenses for this box.

andris

No.

Public