FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

recommendation for configuring a FAS2552HA

RETHEMEYER

Hello community,
I need a recommendation for configuring a FAS2552HA. We bought a FAS2552HA with the following equipment, 20 x 600GB SAS-discs and 4 x 200GB SSD, with clustered Data Ontap 8.2.2RC2. We want to configure one Vserver for Cifs with about 50 concurrent client sessions and one Vserver with iSCSI / CIFS for Hyper-V / SQL and with about 70 concurrent SQL-client sessions. How should the aggregates be configured?

I see two possible configurations.

1. creating one Flash-pool aggregate with 6 data disks and the ssd-discs for Hyper-V / SQL on node1 and one aggregate with 4 data disks on Node2 for CIFS client requests.

2. one single Flash pool aggregate with 12 data disks for all services.

What wiil be the more suitable configruation? A large aggregates due to higher IOPS, or 2 aggregates for better load distribution between nodes?

For a recommendation, I am very grateful.
Hans-Juergen

1 REPLY 1

DOMINIC_WYSS

as you will need two root aggregates, 6 disks will be lost (2x raid4 and 1x spare for each node).

with only 14 disks left I would configure just one aggregate and use the second node just for failover. I don't know if flashpool can make up the loss of performance of having only 7 disks in the aggregates if you create one for each head.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public