FAS and V-Series Storage Systems Discussions

replace new disk with error

wallanetapp

Hi

thanks for you help

i just replace 1 disk of 3140 (DS14) with used disk and got this error

Tue Aug 12 14:42:38 IDT [newnetlan:fci.adapter.link.online:info]: Fibre Channel adapter 0a link online.

Tue Aug 12 14:42:38 IDT [newnetlan:fci.adapter.link.online:info]: Fibre Channel adapter 0b link online.

Tue Aug 12 14:42:50 IDT [newnetlan:disk.init.failureBytes:error]: Disk 0b.19 failed due to failure byte setting.

Tue Aug 12 14:42:51 IDT [newnetlan:sfu.firmwareUpToDate:info]: Firmware is up-to-date on all disk shelves.

the disk are the same model what can be the error?

thanks shai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wallanetapp

i have done FW update and then unfaild the disk and insert to spares.

thanks a lot for all

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

This means replacement disk was marked as failed in previous system. It is possible to unfail it in advanced mode, but there must be a reason why it was marked as failed in the first place.

wallanetapp

thanks a lot

but after unfaild the disk and reassign it

i got this massage

Wed Aug 13 10:45:44 IDT [newnetlan:raid.config.disk.bad.label:error]: Disk 0b.19 Shelf 1 Bay 3 [NETAPP   X291_S15K6420F15 NA01] S/N [3QQ08ENH00009009HTAK] has bad label.

Wed Aug 13 10:45:44 IDT [newnetlan:callhome.dsk.label:CRITICAL]: Call home for DISK BAD LABEL

Wed Aug 13 10:45:44 IDT [newnetlan:disk.fw.downrevWarning:warning]: 1 disks have downrev firmware that you need to update.

Wed Aug 13 10:45:45 IDT [newnetlan:sfu.firmwareUpToDate:info]: Firmware is up-to-date on all disk shelves.

Wed Aug 13 10:46:00 IDT [newnetlan:monitor.globalStatus.nonCritical:warning]: Disk on adapter 0b, shelf 1, bay 3, failed.

what is DISK BAD LABEL ?

thanks shai

aborzenkov

Please show output of “aggr status -f”

wallanetapp

i have done FW update and then unfaild the disk and insert to spares.

thanks a lot for all

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public