General Discussion

Accessing NetApp E2724 from Netapp System Manager

PaulMoreland

Hopefully one of you knowledable folk can help us out.

We've just had an acrimonious split with a managed service provider who used to look after out NetApp storage devices. I've checked the supplied  handover documentation but can't see any mention of  the devices. With little or no hope of them cooperating it leaves us with a problem.

The model is: NetApp E2724 can this be managed using Netapp System Manager 1.1

I've installed Netapp System Manager on one of our servers but it doesn't discover the Netapp device. I can't add it by IP or name. It won't find it when I scan the entire subnet either.

I've tried to SSH to it but can't I get a network error: connection refused message.

I have the IP addresses, presumably controllers as there are 2 are these the addresses I use in System Manager?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

Correct, those are the IPs you need to add.  Each eseries has 2 (1 per controller) mgmt IPs.   

Are you able to ping those IPs?      Sounds like you'd be able to based on the SSH deny.    

Any Firewalls between where your Storage Manager and the eseries is?    

One trick i've used before, as no data goes through those ports, is just plug directly into the mgmt port with a laptop and see if you can access the mgmt console.   

Also, make sure you are using "E-Series SANtricity Storage Manager"  

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/eseries_santricity/11.50.0X00.0005/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SpindleNinja

Correct, those are the IPs you need to add.  Each eseries has 2 (1 per controller) mgmt IPs.   

Are you able to ping those IPs?      Sounds like you'd be able to based on the SSH deny.    

Any Firewalls between where your Storage Manager and the eseries is?    

One trick i've used before, as no data goes through those ports, is just plug directly into the mgmt port with a laptop and see if you can access the mgmt console.   

Also, make sure you are using "E-Series SANtricity Storage Manager"  

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/eseries_santricity/11.50.0X00.0005/

PaulMoreland

Thanks for the reply, Ill give it a look now.

PaulMoreland

Thanks  that was spot on and has given us enough to get a new service provider onboarded and given me piece of mind that there isn't any strange security config on it that would prevent us managing it. Really appreciate it.

SpindleNinja

no problemo! 

Public