Legacy Product Discussions

IBM NSeries OnTap Upgrade

StearnsBank

I need to upgrade my N3700 running Data OnTap 7.2.5.1 to a newer version so that I can add the 2nd expansion shelf that has some newer rev drives that have give me the broken label error message when I try to make changes to them.  11 of the 14 came online without issue but 3 are listed as broken.  The N3700 is not supported by IBM and I cannot find it listed as an option in NetApp support.  I think if I bring it up to 7.3.x I can use some commands to wipe the labels on the drives that will allow me to use them.

I can no longer add my keys on IBM's support site to download a newer version of the software.

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2

NetAppTroy

Hi,

The N3700 is equivalent of a NetApp FAS270 which went End of Support on 30-Nov-2013. Unfortunately, the N3700/FAS270 is not supported by either IBM or NetApp anymore, and we (NetApp) could not provide N series Data ONTAP code even it was still supported.  I'm afraid this is an issue you will have to take up with IBM Support and see if they would be willing to provide you a "one off" version of Data ONTAP 7.3.x (this model was supported up to version 7.3.7).

Thanks,

Troy

william6

If you are interested, we can have someone contact you to discuss other solutions leveraging NetApp technology.  Let us know your preference.

Public