Legacy Product Discussions

StoreVault Manager 3.2 showing wrong space usage

enrjfitz1

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue I'm having with StoreVault Manager 3.2 installed on a Windows Server 2003 box.

The S500 filer is being used to serve 1 fileshare and serveral LUN's. The LUN's are configured to have 0% snapshot reserve and Snapshotting is not being used on these LUNs. (nb. one LUN per vol)

On the main screen of the StoreVault Manager (the one that shows you space utilisation) I can see that all the free space on the filer is showing up as Snapshot space. When examining the snapshots on the volumes, snapshotting is not being used....

Logging into filerview (I know it's unsupported) I can see that the volume containing the LUN has increased massivly in size, consuming all the aggr free space but does not contain anything. This is not LUN specific. To temporarily resolve this issue (eg for enlarging a LUN), I have to resize the volume using filerview to a smaller size and then reload StoreVault Manager. Once this is done the free space is reported correctly in StoreVault Manager and I am able to resize the LUN using this.

Is this a known bug?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

coon

Saw this on twitter. I looked and there is an issue when snapshots are disabled that can cause this. One case I found, they made everything right by enabling snapshots from CLI, restarting SVM, then disabling it from SVM. If that doesn't work or if you have difficulty with this, reach out to NetApp support and they can investigate this further with you.

enrjfitz1

Nice one! I knew Twitter would come in handy some day =D

I'll give that a go and let you know what I find.

dj

What was the resolution to this problem?

paragj

I am currently out of office till 2nd January with no access to e-mails.

If this is urgent, you can reach me on my mobile.

Regards

Parag Joshi

enrjfitz1

To resolve this problem, I used StoreVault Manager to disable snapshots on the volumes. Once this was done I used the CLI to ensure the snapshots were completely off for each volume.

I cleared what space was being consumed by Snapshots and then restarted Snapvault Manager.

Once this was restarted, I enabled snapshots on the volumes that I wanted to have Snapshotted and this seems to have solved the issue.

paragj

I am currently out of office till 2nd January with no access to e-mails.

If this is urgent, you can reach me on my mobile.

Regards

Parag Joshi

Public