Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Volumes allocated to systems

sg0133
Hi Experts,
I have 7-mode as well as cluster mode in my environment. I wanted to write an query which will provide me the details of the volumes allocated to the systems.
Is it feasible to get that through powershell script.

Regards,
SG
3 REPLIES 3

asulliva

Hello @sg0133,

What volume details are you looking for?  Using Get-NaVol (7-mode) or Get-NcVol (clustered) will return back nearly all of the volume inforamation, though not necessarily in a readable format.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sg0133

Hi Andrew,

I am looking for details like luns allocated to systems in clustermode. For example i am using :

show -vserver <vservername>

which will be giving me the volume name. Then i will be using the volume name with lun mapping i can see the path,Igroup , lun id etc

Vserver    Path                                                                   Igroup                                                   LUN ID  Protocol

---------- ----------------------------------------                            -------                                    ------  --------

jack      /vol/WIN_admin_p1/admin_p1-873320                  Cal-WIN-admin-Cluster                   71      fcp

So is there something which i can use it through powercli script after connecting to NcController.

Regards,

Sourav

asulliva

I have some examples of managing data access using the PowerShell toolkit here, hopefully they are useful.

At the simplest level, showing the LUNs for a particular SVM can be done a couple of different ways....

# pipeline
Get-NcVserver $svmName | Get-NcLun

# parameter
Get-NcLun -Vserver $svmName

If you wanted to take it a step further and get the volume object for a LUN...

Get-NcVserver $svmName | Get-NcLun | ?{ $_.Name -like "applicationName" } | Get-NcVol

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public