Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Is there a Disconnect-NaController or equivalent?

james_willing

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a Disconnect-NaController or equivalent command like there is with vmware?

ie: Connect-VIServer & Disconnect-VIServer

As I just dont like still being connected to the filer after I have run a script or command

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cknight

Hi, James.  The Toolkit doesn't maintain persistent connections, so there isn't a disconnect cmdlet.  Connect-NaController saves the current connection context in the global variable $CurrentNaController, so you can set that value to null if you prefer, or use the -Transient switch to Connect-NaController, or just close the PowerShell session when you're done.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cknight

Hi, James.  The Toolkit doesn't maintain persistent connections, so there isn't a disconnect cmdlet.  Connect-NaController saves the current connection context in the global variable $CurrentNaController, so you can set that value to null if you prefer, or use the -Transient switch to Connect-NaController, or just close the PowerShell session when you're done.

View solution in original post

martin_fisher

I was wondering the exact same thing, thanks for the info

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public