Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer not taking the specified primarysnapshot

bassettol

I am using the ONTAP powershell toolkit to automate snapvault updates for SMVI (since it currently doesn't support this functionality).

When using the start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer to kick off the transfer it isn't using the specified snapshot. If I use the zexplore to test the call using the appropriate API it does take the snapshot.

I am wondering if anyone else has got this working, and if so if there a particular format that I am getting wrong.

I am using the following format for the command.

start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer -PrimarySnapshot smvi__test_recent -SecondaryPath /vol/volname/qtreename

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cknight

Sorry to keep you folks waiting for a fix.  Toolkit 1.3, released today, should resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shearermd

Any chance you ever figured this out?  I am running into the same issue and am rather frustrated by it...

cknight

I can confirm by code inspection that this is a legitimate bug, manifested in both Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer and Start-NaSnapvaultPriRestoreTransfer.  No workaround seems feasible, so I will have to investigate a patch release.  Please stay tuned.

bassettol

I am using apitest and calling it from my powershell script in order to update the vaults with the correct snapshot.

It has been working pretty well.

Looking forward to seing a fix for this though, as i prefer to keep it all in PowerShell.

cknight

Sorry to keep you folks waiting for a fix.  Toolkit 1.3, released today, should resolve this issue.

Public