NetApp Learning Services Discussions

My Work in Progress: Netapp 8.3 NCDA NS0-157 Study Guide

storagejarett

I have had many requests to make a new study guide for the new cDot 8.3 exams.  The first I have decided to create is for the NS0-157 NCDA.   I will be working on this over the next few months as time allows, and also updating my NCIE-SAN cDot Study Guide.

This is the permalink to the main page, which I will then link off of to create individual guides per section.

http://www.jk-47.com/2015/05/netapp-8-3-ncda-ns0-157-study-guide/

Top critical sections lots of customers ask me about,:

* Data protection:  DP, XDP, TMP, LS whats it all mean?  

* Data protection: Version independant snapmirrors. (XDP)

* Failover Groups > Broadcast domains, subnets and all that ipspace stuff.

What topics would you all like to see added in the first round?  What's most confusing to all of you?

Jarett Kulm

#NetappATeam

twitter: @JK47TheWeapon

10 REPLIES 10

BeckyE

Jarrett--

Thanks for taking the time to compile this.  I'm planning on taking this test in the next week.   I've actually printed out your study guide and downloaded all of the related documents.  It's awesome!  Thanks!

Do you know if the NS0-157 is a lot different content/format wise than the NS0-156?    I've been able to find way more additional study material and flash cards for NS0-156.

Thanks!

Becky

MartinOsuna

Hi Jarret,

I'd like to know better about Export policies and rules as well if it's possible. I'm reading your compilation and it's really good!

Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Martin

storagejarett

You got it!

Ill type up something for that soon!  Thanks for the request

FADLIMETRODATA
were there anyone passed the exam?

phubbard

If you fail the NS0-157 test, is there a waiting period before you can take it again? 

GregH

Hello, the retake policy is as follows:

Exam Retake Policy

For Passed Exams

• A candidate who passes an exam must wait 18 months before retaking the exam.
  • A candidate whose passing score has been revoked must wait 30 days before retaking the exam.

For Failed Exams

• First failure: A candidate must wait 24 hours before retaking the exam.
  • Multiple failures: A candidate must wait 14 days before retaking the exam.

All NetApp Certification Program Policies can be found here: http://www.netapp.com/us/services-support/university/certifications/security-policy.aspx

Greg Hyman

NetApp Certification and Accreditation Program Manager

ghyman@netapp.com

ckeith

I must be missing something. When I go to the permalink I find just a summary of subjects I should know. It almost seems like the page is cut off. Is there more there that I can't see? If so, how do I get to the rest of it?

GregH

Hi Keith,

I'm not certain which link you're referencing nor what you're expecting to find. Please let me know or just email me at ghyman@netapp.com.

Greg Hyman

ghyman@netapp.com

ckeith

Uh, the link that is posted in the original posting.

http://www.jk-47.com/2015/05/netapp-8-3-ncda-ns0-157-study-guide/

GregH

Thank you, Jarett would need to respond as that is his material.

Greg Hyman

ghyman@netapp.com

Public