Network Storage Protocols Discussions

Highlighted

AFF 200 Network LACP Access mode change to Trunk mode

Hello;

We hav an AFF 200 with all svm's are connetcted via VLAN 50 and Lif a0a an 4 port LACP Etherchannel on our Cisco Switch(switchport access vlan 50).

To improve the security, we want to seperate the NFS traffic to the ESXI Hosts with a new Vlan id 10

But that means to change the Port config of the Switch to trunk(Switchport mode trunk).

I would follow this steps:

1. Create an svm_lif for NFS with the new IP in the Vlan 10

2. Edit the NFS Export Policy for the ESXI Host IP's

3. Create 2 new LACP Etherchannel on the Cisco Switch with Switchport mode trunk

4. Takeover the Node 1

5. Connect the 4 Connections to the new LACP Trunk Etherchannel

6. Takeover the Node 2

7. Connect the 4 Connections to the new LACP Trunk Etherchannel

8. Giveback

Can you please correct me when i'm wrong?

For NFS Expot, do i need a "switchport mode trunk switchport nativ vlan" setting?

Many Thanks, Thomas

5 REPLIES 5

Re: AFF 200 Network LACP Access mode change to Trunk mode

You shouldn't need to do the takeover/givebacks.    That was more a 7mode thing.   

You should just  be able to move the lifs around, add new lifs and reconfigure/add vlans.   Just be sure to evacuate any port/ifgrp you're working on.   

After your done,  be sure to verify failover groups on your lifs. 

Thanks a lot, i will try it this week.

But on the Switch i need to connect to a new LACP Etherchannel, so i need to reconnect the cables, for that i have a Networkouttake, which i could avoid with th takeover/giveback, is that wright?

many Thanks, Thomas

can you explain what you mean by "networkouttake"?  

But there's nothing you need to do when reconfiging networking ports that involves takeovers/givebacks.  

Just evacuate all lifs on the VLANs and ports your working on to the partner or other nodes in the cluster. 

I need to change the switchport setting from defined vlan to trunk, sorry for my bad exlanation...

Thanks, Thomas

no problem,  still not a need to do anything with the controllers related to takeovers/givebacks.  Just evac the port/vlans you're working with. 

Forums