Network Storage Protocols Discussions

CDOT 9.4 CIFS SHARES REPLICATION TO ANOTHER CDOT 9.4 WITHOUT SVMDR or PowerShell Scripts

Andrestorage

Hello Folks , I´d like to know with has any kind of possibility to copy cifs shares and cifs permission to another ontap storage (9.4) ? I´dont what to work with SVMDR and PowerShell Scripts.. I remember in 7-mode, We just work with snapmirror souce > destination, break , copy commands of cifsconfig_share.cfg to new storage and DONE!

cifsconfig_share.cfg
: handles share configuration such as permissions and options
cifsconfig_setup.cfg: handles the basic cifs options such as security style
any idea how to do this in CDOT?  Man Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi

You cannot do it in a file based. you can do it in the scripted way. or to orchestrate a text file with CLI's... in my case - i have all the shares pre-created on both clusters and a nightly script that validate their setting and permission to be equal.

#region connect
$Cdotcred = Import-Clixml -Path  "C:\edited\edited.xml"
$CdotClusters = 'clustername1','clustername2'
$ClustersSessions = Connect-NcController ($CdotClusters) -HTTPS -Credential $CdotCred -ErrorVariable gidiout
#endregion connect

#region Check that cifs shares matched between Prod and DR
$CifsSharesThatDontHaveExactMatchInDR = Get-NcCifsShare -Controller $CustersSessions | select Vserver,ShareName,
        @{Name='ShareProperties';Expression={$($_.ShareProperties | sort) -join ';'}}, 
        @{Name='Acl';Expression={$_.Acl -join ';'}} | Group-Object path,sharename,ACL,ShareProperties | ? count -lt 2 | select -ExpandProperty Group | sort ShareName   # Will only output issues 
#endregion Check that cifs shares matched between Prod and DR
Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GidonMarcus

Hi

You cannot do it in a file based. you can do it in the scripted way. or to orchestrate a text file with CLI's... in my case - i have all the shares pre-created on both clusters and a nightly script that validate their setting and permission to be equal.

#region connect
$Cdotcred = Import-Clixml -Path  "C:\edited\edited.xml"
$CdotClusters = 'clustername1','clustername2'
$ClustersSessions = Connect-NcController ($CdotClusters) -HTTPS -Credential $CdotCred -ErrorVariable gidiout
#endregion connect

#region Check that cifs shares matched between Prod and DR
$CifsSharesThatDontHaveExactMatchInDR = Get-NcCifsShare -Controller $CustersSessions | select Vserver,ShareName,
        @{Name='ShareProperties';Expression={$($_.ShareProperties | sort) -join ';'}}, 
        @{Name='Acl';Expression={$_.Acl -join ';'}} | Group-Object path,sharename,ACL,ShareProperties | ? count -lt 2 | select -ExpandProperty Group | sort ShareName   # Will only output issues 
#endregion Check that cifs shares matched between Prod and DR
Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public