Network and Storage Protocols

CIFS SHARES

ABHISHEK_MISHRA

Hi Experts,

I am a fresher to Netapp and i have some confusion regarding the CIFS share permissions where my windows admin complained that even a local machine security permission  is able to access CIFS shares where the access what i have given is only for DOMAIN USERS FULL CONTROL, can you people help me how to fix this and when i checked the CIFS shares and please help me how to understand the screen shot below.

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mheimberg

Under "manage" you should be able to remove the "Authenticated Users" on that share ... but actually I am seldom using FilerView ...

on CLI

>cifs access -delete SVUSFS01 "Authenticated Users"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mheimberg

Your windows admin is right, because you added also the "Authenticated Users":

"The Authenticated Users group also includes the local computer account (computername$) and the built-in SYSTEM account.  Because of this the Authenticated Users also contains the domain computer accounts (domain\computername$) from all trusted domains."

http://networkadminkb.com/KB/a41/differences-between-authenticated-users-domain-users.aspx

ABHISHEK_MISHRA

Hi Mark,

I came to understand this now will you be able to help me how to change this to only DOMAIN USERS referring the above screen shot i mean in GUI how i have to navigate and select this option  to restrict permissions to DOMAIN USERS avoiding the LOCAL MACHINE USERS. Please help me out.

Thanks

Nayab

mheimberg

Under "manage" you should be able to remove the "Authenticated Users" on that share ... but actually I am seldom using FilerView ...

on CLI

>cifs access -delete SVUSFS01 "Authenticated Users"

ABHISHEK_MISHRA

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot if i run this command the share will be available only to  DOMAIN USERS on the specified machines right and hope it will not disturb anything.

Thanks

Nayab

Public