Network and Storage Protocols

CIFS opened files

inge_sys

Hi Netappiens,

I would like to know if there's a way to find out how many files are opened in CIFS on my filer (FAS6240 Ontap 8.2 7-mode). I tried lock status -p cifs -n but it only gives me the number of opened shares. I looked in the stats objects and didn't find what I wanted. 

Anyone had the same issue ?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

hariprak

Hi,

You can refer the link https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1196993

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

deepuj

Hi,

Did you try "cifs sessions *" ?

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

There are several ways to do this..

depending on how many you have, you can use the MMC to mount the vfiler/filer and export to csv and add or you can use oncommand, or powershell.

You would need to know how to use netapp powershell -   get-nacifssessions  and then sum filers... 

inge_sys

Hi Everyone and thanks for your answers, but, maybe my question wasn't clear enough, I want the number of opened files, not the number of sessions ... So I don't get the point of counting the "cifs sessions *" 

Thanks guys.

inge_sys

Anyone else ?

negrettim

Try with

cifs sessions *    (you can see the active sessions and the open files)

renton

I know your question is a bit old but check this out:

guthrie> vfiler run dylan cifs sessions -

===== dylan

Usage:
        cifs sessions [-p smb|smb2] [-i ipv4|ipv6] [-s | -c] [ <user_name> | <workstation_name> | <IP_address> | * ]
        cifs sessions [-t] [-c]

Give "cifs sessions" an invalid argument (the dash in the above example) and it prints the usage.

Try them all. In particular, I think the "-t" might give you what you are looking for. The "-c" also works ok.

Cheers, Renton.

Public