Network Storage Protocols Discussions

CIFS opened files

inge_sys

Hi Netappiens,

I would like to know if there's a way to find out how many files are opened in CIFS on my filer (FAS6240 Ontap 8.2 7-mode). I tried lock status -p cifs -n but it only gives me the number of opened shares. I looked in the stats objects and didn't find what I wanted. 

Anyone had the same issue ?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

hariprak

Hi,

You can refer the link https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1196993

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

deepuj

Hi,

Did you try "cifs sessions *" ?

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

There are several ways to do this..

depending on how many you have, you can use the MMC to mount the vfiler/filer and export to csv and add or you can use oncommand, or powershell.

You would need to know how to use netapp powershell -   get-nacifssessions  and then sum filers... 

inge_sys

Hi Everyone and thanks for your answers, but, maybe my question wasn't clear enough, I want the number of opened files, not the number of sessions ... So I don't get the point of counting the "cifs sessions *" 

Thanks guys.

inge_sys

Anyone else ?

negrettim

Try with

cifs sessions *    (you can see the active sessions and the open files)

renton

I know your question is a bit old but check this out:

guthrie> vfiler run dylan cifs sessions -

===== dylan

Usage:
        cifs sessions [-p smb|smb2] [-i ipv4|ipv6] [-s | -c] [ <user_name> | <workstation_name> | <IP_address> | * ]
        cifs sessions [-t] [-c]

Give "cifs sessions" an invalid argument (the dash in the above example) and it prints the usage.

Try them all. In particular, I think the "-t" might give you what you are looking for. The "-c" also works ok.

Cheers, Renton.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public