Subscribe

Re: Clone NFS / CIFS environment

Ok. flexclone looks like the best option for disk space, howerver if I create a flexclone can I maintin the same name as the parent volume in an attempt to keep the same name / path so when I move the flex clone into vfiler0 (the test environment) all links / mount / shares continue to work? Or does the flexclone need a unique name from the parent vol?

If this is not possible we will need more disk space and mirror from the unique vfiler into vfiler0 as this will not break my volume names / paths. In this senario can I mirror from "original source > unique vfiler > vfiler0"?

All volnames must be unique on a controller. Regardless if vfilers.

Typos Sent on Blackberry Wireless

Ok. So within the first snapmirror relationship (original source > unique vfiler) I give the destination vol a different name, then I can name the flexclone of the destination the same as the original volume then move this into vfiler0 which should maintain the original path names?

That would work. For vfiler migrate-dr and data motion the target has to be the same volnames too..

Typos Sent on Blackberry Wireless

Great, thanks. I may do some reading on vfiler migrate-dr to see if this could be of use....