Network and Storage Protocols

Clone NFS / CIFS environment

nsitps1976

I want to clone an NFS / CIFS environment. Some of the unix qtrees are accessed by windows AD users, I believe the filer is using NIS to map / authenticate the windows accounts into unix accounts.

The NIS environment will also be cloned as will the AD environment. I will be using snapmirror to clone the data volumes onto the new filer, however I am unsure if it is possible to configure the new filer to point at the cloned NIS environment so to allow mapping / authentication to continue as it did in the old environment – If this is possible how is this done?

Also, if using VSM / QSM from the old filer to new will all file system security / permissions also  migrate? Or do I need to make sure that the filer is in the correct AD domain / NIS before I replicate the volumes / qtrees

Lastly, what config files do I need to verify on the exiting filer check if NIS is being used? – Also, anything else I should be aware of?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

No join.. Match all nis settings and check config files.. Nsswitch.conf, passwd, etc and compare and match source controller.

Typos Sent on Blackberry Wireless

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Public