Network and Storage Protocols

Dragging a folder from a Macintosh 10.6 to a cifs file share, then getting "Access Denied"

GREATMOOSELAKE

A user with Modify ntfs permissions on a file share called because he was having problems. It seems that if he drags a folder from the mac to the file share, it works at the start, but then the permissions change and he is denied access.

I tried to access it with my account that has full control from a windows box, and even though I can get into the share, when I right click and try to get permissions for this new folder that was dragged to the share, I get "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permissions settings" and cannot look at the permisions on the share.

I cannot delete the folder, nor can I change permissions. The only thing I can do is change the owner, in this case to my admin group, and apply the new settings. When I do this and then reopen the properties, I am able to now view the security settings.

Has anyone seen this issue and if so, is there something I need to do on the Netapp or on the Macintosh so this doesn't happen when users drag folders to the share?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1

crocker

Hi,

You may want to ask this question in the NetApp Support Community.  The current customers, partners and internal Subject Matter Experts are addressing technical product questions there.

Mike

Public