Network and Storage Protocols

Error on setting Security permissions

YASIR_IRFAT

Hi,

I have CIFS running on a filer. The setup is as follows,

It is configured to use AD running 2008 R2.

A volume named "groups_vol" with size 500 GB

It has a qtree named "groups_qtree" with quota 50GB and ntfs security style

I created several shares which were all created under /vol/groups_vol/groups_qtree/

For eg,

/vol/groups_vol/groups_qtree/FirstShare

/vol/groups_vol/groups_qtree/SecondShare

Initially there were approx 15 folders, each of them were shared separately. From MMC console, I would remove inheritance and give domain admins and another group Full rights in share and security permissions. Adding other groups as desired and it worked fine.

But now after two months when I am creating further folders in same qtree structure and sharing them. As I remove inheritance it gives twice "An error occurred while applying security information to" and Access is denied. And when I cancel to close all windows and open properties again, these permissions are there. Note that this errors comes on security while sharing permissions is fine. Also my user is in Domain Admin group in AD and Domain Admin group is member of Local Administrators group on filer.

Is there anything I am missing.

Edit: I want to add that still if I edit old shares for security it saves fine without any issue.

2 REPLIES 2

crocker

Hi,

Since you have not gotten an answer, you may want to ask this question in the NetApp Support Community.  The current customers, partners and internal Subject Matter Experts are addressing technical product questions there.

Mike

YASIR_IRFAT

Regards,

Yasir Irfat

Sent from my iPhone

Public