Network Storage Protocols Discussions

How to create single name space with CIFS now VFM isn't about?

menzies

Hi All,

I have been getting quite a few queries recently from Partners wanting to put NetApp in place for CIFS but for customers who want to use DFS-R or create a single namespace across multiple sites.  In the past I would have pointed people lovingly towards VFM, now VFM is out of the picture I was wondering how other people who delivering the DFS-R functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to create single name space with CIFS now VFM isn't about?

briangladstein

AutoVirt is worth checking out as a substitute for VFM. Like VFM, AutoVirt contains namespace functionality and data management tools all built together, but the namespace functionality is much more integrated and flexible.

Check out AutoVirt's swap-out program for VFM: http://www.autovirt.com/product/storagex-swapout-program.cfm

eric_krengel

Is this the only other product out at the moment?  I am too looking for other solutions, but would like to weigh all my options first.

Thanks.

edspiesautovirt

The only other solution that creates a namespace with CIFS is F5's ARX suite of appliances.  If you would like to learn a little more about AutoVirt, please feel free to contact me.

pascalduk

How about some tooling just to manage your DFS roots?

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public