Network and Storage Protocols

MMC ... You do not have permissions to see the open files

arsalankhan

Hi Team,

Although we have full control on all CIFS shares.. But when i connect this filer via MMC. It say You do not have permissions to list open files or open sessions. This problem is on 9.3P2.

I have another node that is on ontap 9.1P3, it has all the same CIFS settings as on 9.3P2 but it has no problems working with MMC.

Any idea, how to fix this ?

Awaiting response.

Arsalan.

7 REPLIES 7

Vijay_ramamurthy

You can do the below :

Enter diag mode
::> set diag
::> diag secd authentication show-creds -node <node_where_data_lif_resides> -vserver <svm> -win-name <domain\your_account>

This command would tell you if your account is a member of the BUILTIN\Administrators group or if you are a member of the domain admins group.
It will also provide the Privileges you have got.
If you are an admin then normally you would see your account will have the following privileges:
Privileges (0x22b7):
SeBackupPrivilege
SeRestorePrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeSecurityPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege

If the privileges are not showing up  inspite of you being an administrator then run the command below which could fix the issue
::*> diag secd configuration reload -node <node1>
::*> diag secd configuration reload -node <node2>

Note: This command is harmless and wont cause any impact.

Vish

Thank you. Surprised, this is not been documented yet.

Vijay_ramamurthy

Hi Vish,

Welcome. 

The problem was similar to one stated in  KB https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1070767/loc/en_US .

That is the reason i suggested to check if it helps to fix the issue. 

I would also like to know whether reloading the secd configuration fixed the MMC problem.

If it didn't fix, I would suggest to open a Ticket our with NetApp support team and so that this issue can be investigate further. 

Thanks

Vijay 

Vish

Hey Vijay,

It did solve the issue right away. Sorry I missed to respond your message earlier. The KB with AnswerID#1070767 doesn't show any Cause and Solution for some reason when I check.

Cheers,

Vish

Vijay_ramamurthy

Hi Vish,

Thanks for getting back and sorry for the delay in the update.

We have made changes to the KB. Please login with the NetApp credentials and let me know if you are able to view all the sections in the KB.

Thanks

Vijay 

Vish

Thank you Vijay. I could now see the symptom and solution sections in the KB1070767 (Document ID BR14546/Answer ID 1070767). I'm sure this KB would help other cutomers who'd wind up looking for answers as well.

Vijay_ramamurthy

Hi Vish,

Welcome and thanks. I completely agree with you that it will help customers.

Thanks

Vijay 

Public