Network and Storage Protocols

NFS permission issue

ig-091714

I'm relatively new to NetApp, but I've come across an issue that hasn't presented itself as of yet. The request is simple enough - create a NFS share and let this non-root user have full access.

I've created a new share and i've allowed R/W and Root access to a number of hosts.  I've got Security Flavor set to Unix and Anonymous Access set to "Grant access to root users on all clients to the shared directory" (I'm running a FAS 3240). In my past workings with NFS, the permissions granted give the root user of the box said access. So to me that means that if i grant root and r/w access to server1, the root user(s) on server1 should be able to read/write/delete/modify/chown etc.

However, the root user has only been granted r/w access. It cannot change ownership or anything. 

3 REPLIES 3

rwelshman

How is the volume mounted? What are you trying to change ownerhip of (file / folder)?

ig-091714

what do you mean? using the mount command

the switches that apply:

rw,noatime,vers=4,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,namlen=255,soft,proto=tcp,port=0,
timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=10.80.130.111,mino
rversion=0,fsc,local_lock=none,addr=10.50.132.2

Basically I am trying to grant read/write permission to a non-root user, but so far only root has read/write access and it can't chown, even chgrp comes back with an odd response:

chgrp user DPServices
chgrp: changing group of `DPServices': Invalid argument

rwelshman

Is DPServices the mount point or a directory under the mount point in the volume?

Public