Network Storage Protocols Discussions

New-NcLUN vs OCSM Volume Creation - set to iSCSI SAN Storage Type

Ssmartodd

Is there a way to create a new FlexVol using PowerShell Toolkit where the Storage Type is set to SAN (iSCSI) instead of NAS, which creates a JunctionPath which I don't need / want.

I'm trying to script the creation of Vols and LUNs for a massive SQL cluster move.

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ssmartodd

Thank you for confirming that for me - it seemed that was the only way for me to do it

🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

donny_lang

The "New-NcVol" cmdlet will accept a null value for the JunctionPath parameter if you don't need/want a junction path specified during volume creation.

PS H:\> New-NcVol -VserverContext lab-svm01 -Name volume001 -Aggregate aggr1_ssd_n1 -size 1GB -JunctionPath $null
Name                      State       TotalSize  Used  Available Dedupe Aggregate                 Vserver
----                      -----       ---------  ----  --------- ------ ---------                 -------
volume001                 online         1.0 GB    0%   972.6 MB False  aggr1_ssd_n1              lab-svm01

PS H:\> Get-NcVol volume001 | fl JunctionPath
JunctionPath :

Ssmartodd

Thank you for confirming that for me - it seemed that was the only way for me to do it

🙂

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public