Network and Storage Protocols

New filer - CIFs level permission from a trusted domain is showing up as the SID and not DOMAIN\username

sequeirad

New filer running OnTAP 8.0.2P2 on DomainA which is a windows active directory

Ran thru CIFs Setup without any issues.

DomainA has a two way trusted relationship with DomainB.

Can add CIFs level permissions for DomainA users and groups without any issues.

When trying to add CIFs level permissions for DomainB users and groups, it shows up as the SID and not like DOMAINB\username like it should.

Tried to add same permission using windows MMC and managing the filer and same issue..shows up with the SID.

Have attached a screenshot from filerview..please ignore the "Everyone" permission...put that in to test access

The weird issues is that I have two other filers on the same DomainA and on the same vlan as the problem filer and I can add users and groups from both domains A and B without any issues. So I knoe its anot a trust issue.

When attempting to do a "cifs lookup DOMAINB\username", I get a "lookup failed" messsage

When attempting to do a "wcc -s DOMAINB\username", I get a "invalid name DOMAINB\username" message

HELP !!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sequeirad

Well..after endless tinkering around this is what I did to get it to work.

- Terminated CIFs

- Logged in to each domain controller in each data center for DOMAINA and removed any reference to the filer.

- Ran cifs setup on the filers again

- voila..it worked and I can now add members from both DOMAINA and DOMAINB to the cifs shares...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sequeirad

Well..after endless tinkering around this is what I did to get it to work.

- Terminated CIFs

- Logged in to each domain controller in each data center for DOMAINA and removed any reference to the filer.

- Ran cifs setup on the filers again

- voila..it worked and I can now add members from both DOMAINA and DOMAINB to the cifs shares...

Public