Network and Storage Protocols

No access to CIFS Share over IP

1solution

Hello all

After updating a customer filer from 8.3 to 9.1P20, I had a very strange problem.

All CIFS share was accessable but only with the SVM Name:

\\FILER-NAME\data

If I changed the SVM Name with the IP address, I got the error message "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.10\data.

I open a case at Netapp Support and we did a lot of tests, but nobody had a solution.

After more than 20 hours, I have decided that I update to 9.3P18.

When the update was finished, the problem no longer existed.

If you had this Problem make a ONTAP update.

Best regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mjizzini

It look like Kerberos authentication was working correctly while Netlogon was experiencing some issues.

The issue could be related to the first upgrade.  

Assumption:  The problem resolution was due: Ontap 9.3 has code change and Bug fixes. Both node had to be rebooted. The DC connections had to be reset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Sounds interesting and yet strange. Has NetApp support reported any BUG ? Have they managed to reproduce this issue?

I am sure if you had to downgrade Ontap from 9.1P20 to P18, there must be something which prevented it.

In your DNS: Was there an DNS HOST(A) record resolving to Data LIF IP ?

Logs:
Any findings from the 'packet traces' ?
SECD logs?

Thanks!

Mjizzini

It look like Kerberos authentication was working correctly while Netlogon was experiencing some issues.

The issue could be related to the first upgrade.  

Assumption:  The problem resolution was due: Ontap 9.3 has code change and Bug fixes. Both node had to be rebooted. The DC connections had to be reset.

Barrydavis

You can use IP changer to work easily and check you system with CIFS

Public