Network and Storage Protocols

Ontapdsm - SRB Status Command timeout

ianhartley74

I'm getting LUN timeouts on multiple systems/clusters and even multiple FAS HA Pairs, there's no time pattern to this and I'm not sure where to start looking to resolve the issue.

- FAS6240 HA Pair

- NetApp Release 8.2.4 7-Mode

- Data ONTAP DSM Management version : v4.1.4348.1209 (4.1P1)

- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (MS Cluster)

- SQL Server the main application used on this Microsoft Cluster.

The error I am getting in Windows System Log is:

Source: Ontapdsm

Event ID: 61125

IO error: SRB Status Command timeout reported on LUN *** on Path Id *********. The IO will be retried.

this is repeated on different LUNs on the server(s) and also other clusters which are on other FAS6240 HA Pairs.

I've seen this issue queried on a post from 4 yrs ago with the title "ontapdsm mpio problem" but there's no resolution on the post.

Appreciate any advice!

4 REPLIES 4

buratinoff

Do you have solution? 

we have ontap 9, AFF and MS hyperV, and one host from 28 has this error.

McCranium

I'm wondering if the ONTAP DSM is having problems with shared storage on an MS cluster. Is it possible that the LUNs that are being complained about are actually owned by another node in the cluster and these are just nusance errors? Are you experiencing performance issues or cluster failovers?

Did you ever find a fix for the errors? I'm experiencing the same behaviour.

McCranium

After speaking with support, it seems like the best course of action is actually to upgrade the version of ONTAPDSM on this server to see if it corrects the issue. 

MikeF1

Has there been a solution to this problem? 

We have several AFF systems running ONTAP 9.1 and 9.2 with with Windows hosts running DSM 4.1P1 and they all seem to be experiencing the problem. 

Public