Network and Storage Protocols

Quota Implementation in AD ( Windows ) Enviroment

fazilsaiyed

Hello,

I have struggled to implement quota on a volume, our enviroment has FAS3050C ( Ontap 7.2.4 8P) in AD domain, i would like to implement quota on home directories so that users can be blocked to save more then 2 GB.

Each user has it's own home directory on volume CIFSA_HOME\QHOME, the share name is CORPHOME.

Ideally, i would like to have various quota on group of users, i.e Group1=1 GB, Group2=2 GB etc.

I was able to turn the quota on, implement the rule & populate the quotas file, i printed out netapp reference to quotas in the ontap site and did everything in it, however without results

Quota are on for the volume and initialized.

#Auto-generated by setup Mon Jun 19 15:31:26 GMT 2006

axe\e203863 user@/vol/CIFSA_RESTORE 1048576K - 921600K 1048576K -

I tried couple of diffrent methods of implemnting quotas file, using username in diffent fashon etc, however, i was only able to generate a soft quota alert  on the filer, i was never stopped from creating or coping large amt of data.

Furthermore, i was told by netapp, AD user groups do not work, i was told to use usermap file, essentialy mapping unix user name to windows, however, i dont like that option and also we are not licenced for NFS.

either way, the quota rules did not enforce any thing, has any one sucessfully, able to implement quota in thier windows only enviroment, if so,can you provide a detial rule explanation.

I appriciate it.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Public