Network Storage Protocols Discussions

Quota reinitilization

Storage6

Hi Friends,

Does any impact on quota re-initialize?  we are seeng error message as "quota.parse.error: skipping new definition for /vol/vol1/qtreex ". Please suggest best solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

The only risk I’m aware of is that the report you see now in the GUI is not up-to-date, and once you re-initialise  the quota rules you have across the volume will start applying again after (I assume) some time that they haven’t . 
Hence don’t trust the figures you see there - if you suspect some hard quota been breached while it was off - increase it before re-initialising it or you might have write failures. 

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GidonMarcus

The only risk I’m aware of is that the report you see now in the GUI is not up-to-date, and once you re-initialise  the quota rules you have across the volume will start applying again after (I assume) some time that they haven’t . 
Hence don’t trust the figures you see there - if you suspect some hard quota been breached while it was off - increase it before re-initialising it or you might have write failures. 

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public