Network Storage Protocols Discussions

SMVI 2.0

Any updates?

We have it and it's useless to us until we can name the snapshots consistently for NDMP backups. Please release it for download already!

11 REPLIES

Re: SMVI 2.0

Yes! Am greatly looking forward to this for 2 customers -- one for NDMP reasons and the other for SnapVault (to make life easier).

+1 for update. Same reasons.

I thought it was due to be out by now.  Just checked

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software?product=SnapManager+for+Virtual+Infrastructure&platform=VMware

But only lists 1.2R1.

Will post this thread to the NetApp SMVI PM and get him to say what is happening.

Bren

The SMVI PM is a she :-).  Now that's cleared up, SMVI 2.0's official FCS date is end of October, but keep your fingers crossed, I'm hoping we'll beat that date.  It is worth waiting for!

go go go go!

End of month is this Saturday...guess that means we should have SMVI 2.0 for download on NOW before then. Are we still on track?

Yeah,

Hope this will be on next few days, cannot wait more...

Waiting for Snapshot's fullnaming control for use with NDMP backup on BackupExec. I Wouldn't begin writing backup scripts with SV-SMVI to get snapshots names as the new SMVI version will fix this.

SMVI 2.0 will be released end of this week (before Halloween).  Thanks to everyone for their patience!

I see that it's on NOW for download... Thank you!!!

Forums