Network and Storage Protocols

Setting up Operation Manager - Quota can't be discovered

ketanpatel

Gurus,

I've installed Ops Manager 4.0.2 on Linux and have managed to discover in all 40 filers we have. Ops Manager is showing aggrs/vols/qtrees defined on each filer, is collecting perf stats correctly (I am trying to imply that root credentials are correct). However it doesnt show any quota defined.

The way I've tried to see quota report is using - Home -> Group Status -> Quotas -> Report selected is "User Quotas - All" => The output comes as "There are no quotas". We do use quotas as defined in /etc/quotas file. Report "Users - All" also comes up as "There are no users" (most of the users are either in AD or in NIS or in both).

So, it seems like Ops Manager has found most of the information regarding each filer apart from quotas. What am I missing here? I searched in Discussion Forum for something useful but couldn't see anything that addresses the quota discovery process.

Thanks

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hiyer

You might have covered this already, but:

Are the quotas in /etc/quotas user quotas or tree quotas (what is the 'type')? Also check the output of 'quota status' on the volumes to ensure that quotas are on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mharding

Ketan - I am looking into getting this answered.  Thank you for your patience.

rshiva

Please ensure that the following requirements are met for a quota editing operation using the DataFabric Manager server to succeed:

• Directives, such as QUOTA_TARGET_DOMAIN and QUOTA_PERFORM_USER_MAPPING must not be present in the /etc/quotas file on the storage system.
  • The /etc/quotas file on the storage system must not contain any errors.

Thanks and regards

shiva raja

hiyer

You might have covered this already, but:

Are the quotas in /etc/quotas user quotas or tree quotas (what is the 'type')? Also check the output of 'quota status' on the volumes to ensure that quotas are on.

ketanpatel

Hi Hiyer,

I think you hit the nail on the head. /etc/quotas contain quota for qtrees and not for users. Quotas are on most of the volumes and off on a few for a reason.

Is there a way we could discover qtree quotas in Ops Manager?

Thanks

Ketan

hiyer

The 'Qtree Capacity' report under 'File Systems' shows the tree quotas.

ketanpatel

That's what I was after. Many thanks!

Public