Network Storage Protocols Discussions

XCP 1.7 hangs when creating index

DanielK

Hello

I have tried scanning a source share for an NFS export without options and it works without problems. However if I try creating an index like this:

scan -loglevel DEBUG -newid scanindex1 source.nfs.server:/share

it progresses until some point (usually somewhere around 400K and then just endlessly loops through retries

404,246 scanned, 14 retries, 77.4 MiB in (0/s), 3.28 MiB out (0/s), 1m12s

Every once in a while a message like this appears

xcp: Reopener (19128 isChild False) '192.16.199.2 tcp 2049 nfs3 c0': WARNING: reconnecting... 22 pending requests
xcp: Reopener (19128 isChild False) '192.16.199.2 tcp 2049 nfs3 c0': WARNING: reconnected in 0.030s after 1 try during 0s

The address 192.16.199.2 is the server where the catalog share resides and also the target storage FAS8300. I can mount the catalogue share and I also see that my catalog ID is created there with all kinds of files but they are all empty.

Can anyone help me with this. It also happens when I try to copy and it makes the XCP tool unfortunately completely unusable. I used the old version 1.4 before without any problems, but this new version appears to work differently.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

Was memory utilization ok  on the host, when it hangs ?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public