Network and Storage Protocols

iSCSI configuration question

arsalankhan

IHAC running iSCSI luns on windows 2012R2 enviroment. At the hosts side, there are 2 physical 10G connections with teaming enabled (i.e. one IP), Host utilities kit is installed too with single path configuration.

At the FAS8060C storage side, we are running 8.3.2p1 (7mode) having 2 physical 10G connections with ifgrp enabled and with LACP (i.e. one IP). Both IPs failover/failback seamlessly.

What I would like to know that, Are there any concerns with this configuration ?

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_EE

My only concern is that you state that the filer is running 8.3.2P1 (7mode).  8.3 only comes in the cDOT flavor.  As long as the iSCSI connection is a link over a switch and not routed, it should be fine.

arsalankhan

Sorry my bad... Its running 8.2.3P4 (7mode)

Is there anything else required ? or to be concerned of on this configuration ? There isnt a need of any MPIO here, right? Please correct me if i am wrong..

@Robert_EE wrote:

My only concern is that you state that the filer is running 8.3.2P1 (7mode).  8.3 only comes in the cDOT flavor.  As long as the iSCSI connection is a link over a switch and not routed, it should be fine.

Robert_EE

MPIO is only needed if you are using more than one path.  In this case, you mentioned one path with 2 nics bound together and going to one destination.  If everything is on the same network and not routed, no MPIO is needed.  One initiator and one target does not need MPIO.

Public