ONTAP Discussions

HELP! Cannot make ex-Snapmirror destination writeable in Vmware after system went down

PeriwebICT

We are using ONTAP 9.1 in a two cluster configuration. We have an NFS Volume on the production cluster that we use as a VM datastore. Our production system is non-functional  so I have been trying to get the recovery site operational.  I did the following steps at the destination volume of  the snapmirrior relationship:

1. In the OnCommand System I broke the relationship
  2. The Export policy allows the ESXI server access with Read and Read/Write Access and the settings for UNIX Read and Read/Write are checked for the ex-destination volume.
  3. The NFS Volume is mounted
  4. ESXI Server added the datastore with no issues or errors
  5. I can see the VM data is present from within Vcenter browsing the datastore.

The problem is that the Volume from Vmware is not writeable. What am I missing and how do I troubleshoot this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PeriwebICT

For future reference that did not work for me. I eventually had to copy the data to a new volume and create a new snapmirror relationship,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dbenadib

I believe that you are recognize as user nobody so it will not let you write...

a quick workaround for VM datastore will be to set anon=0 on the export policy

you can do so by modifying the export poilcy rule:

export-policy rule modify -vserver SVM -policyname EPol -ruleindex 1 -protocol any -clientmatch 0.0.0.0/0 -rorule any -rwrule any -anon 0

Hope it will help 😉

BR

PeriwebICT

For future reference that did not work for me. I eventually had to copy the data to a new volume and create a new snapmirror relationship,

Public