ONTAP Discussions

Password Expiration

kaha365

Hello,

Is there a possibility to get the password expiration age for admin user in Ontap 9 ? 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RossC

Hi @kaha365 

Apologies for misunderstanding your original ask. 

I had a dig around our API and Docs and don't see anything that will give you what you want.

The only other thing I could think of is if you could parse/trawl some of the ONTAP logs to see when a user was created, and then (based on the default/defined expiry time) work out the password age for that particular user.

You could also consider dropping a ticket to our support team, they might know something I don't 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RossC

Hi @kaha365 

It's possible to get this information via the ONTAP CLI. For example, https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-cli-9121/security-login-role-config-show.html 

Hope this helps! 

kaha365

Thanks RossC,

However I wanted to know if there is a way to get  this for the remaining age days before expiration.

RossC

Hi @kaha365 

Apologies for misunderstanding your original ask. 

I had a dig around our API and Docs and don't see anything that will give you what you want.

The only other thing I could think of is if you could parse/trawl some of the ONTAP logs to see when a user was created, and then (based on the default/defined expiry time) work out the password age for that particular user.

You could also consider dropping a ticket to our support team, they might know something I don't 🙂 

Public