ONTAP Discussions

options shelf.fw.auto.update off

wzndragon1

I know that there is a parameter in 7-mode,options shelf.fw.auto.update off to prevent shelf from automatically upgrading shelf firmware.But I don't know if there are equivalent parameters in Cmode,This parameter storage disk option modify -node *  -bkg-firmware-update off ,I think it should just turn off the automatic upgrade of disk firmware instead of the automatic upgrade of disk shelf firmware,Is my understanding correct?

My second question is, can sp, shelf and disk firmware be upgraded at the same time? Will this affect the stability of the system?

2 REPLIES 2

Ontapforrum

shelf firmware updates are enabled by default. But, you can verify using this cmd in cMode/ONTAP (similar to 7-mode):
::> node run -node <node> -command options shelf.fw.auto.update

Ontapforrum

My second question is, can sp, shelf and disk firmware be upgraded at the same time? Will this affect the stability of the system? In general 'No', background updates are done sequentially for disk and shelf, so that is not an issue. Even SP updates are quick, as it is a separate module, it should not cause impact.

Public