ONTAP Recipes: Attach Amazon S3 as a FabricPool external capacity tier
2017-07-20 12:47 PM
ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can…?
Attach Amazon S3 as a FabricPool external capacity tier
Storing data in tiers can enhance the efficiency of your storage system. You manage storage tiers by using FabricPool. It stores data in a tier based on whether the data is frequently accessed. FabricPool automatic storage tiering was added in ONTAP 9.2. You can attach Amazon S3 or NetApp StorageGrid as the capacity tier. Infrequently accessed ("cold") data is stored in the capacity tier.
- Install FabricPool license if not already installed.
- Open System Manager and select the Storage Tiers
- Click Actions > Attach External Capacity Tier.
- Select Amazon S3 and enter the requested information. Enter the S3 bucket name in the Container Name field.
- Click Save and Attach Aggregates.
- Select one or more eligible aggregates. Aggregates must be SSD-only, and must be thin provisioned (volume guarantee set to none).
- Click View and Update Tiering Policy for Volumes.
- Update policies if needed, and then click Save.
For more information, please see the ONTAP9 documentation center
1 REPLY 1