ONTAP Recipes: Easily Convert a SnapMirror Relationship to Zero Recovery Point Objective
2019-02-22 12:02 PM
Did you know you can…?
Easily convert a SnapMirror relationship to zero recovery point objective (RPO)
- Verify the network round-trip time (RTT) between the two nodes is less than 10ms.
- Add a SnapMirror synchronous license to the source node.
- Delete the asynchronous SnapMirror relationship:
destination::> snapmirror delete -destination-path vs1:vol1
- Release the asynchronous SnapMirror relationship on the source side with the option to retain the Snapshot copies:
source::> snapmirror release -destination-path vs1:vol1 -relationship-info-only true
Note: The default release operation (without setting relationship-info-only to true) deletes the Snapshot copies created by this relationship. This process does not allow a resync operation for a new relationship created for these volumes.
- Create the synchronous SnapMirror relationship by specifying a policy of type sync-mirror or strict-sync-mirror:
destination::> snapmirror create -source-path vs0:vol1 -destination-path vs1:vol1 -policy Sync
Note: To create a strict synchronous relationship, use the StrictSync policy instead.
- Resync the synchronous SnapMirror relationship:
destination::> snapmirror resync -destination-path vs1:vol1
For more information about ONTAP, see the ONTAP 9 Documentation Center
1 REPLY 1