ONTAP Recipes: Did you know you can…?
Easily Create a NAS Application Container in ONTAP 9.3
To create a NAS Application Container for use over NFS without compromising application or overall system performance, follow these steps in OnCommand System Manager:
1. Select the SVM
2. Click Applications & Tiers
3. Click Applications
4. Click Add an Application
5. In the “General Applications” Add NAS Container page, specify the following:
6. In ONTAP 9.3 with Adaptive QoS, the floor and ceiling IOPS values adjust automatically based on space capacity used by the application.
There are 3 default Adaptive QoS policies in ONTAP (Extreme, Performance, Value) along with the ability to create custom policies.
::> qos adaptive-policy-group show
Name Vserver Wklds IOPS IOPS
---- ------- ----- -------------- ---------
extreme cluster 0 6144IOPS/TB 12288IOPS/TB
performance cluster 0 2048IOPS/TB 4096IOPS/TB
value cluster 0 128IOPS/TB 512IOPS/TB
E.g: For a 1TB application with “Value” specified, the floor and ceiling start at 128 IOPS. As more space is used by the application the ceiling increases to a maximum of 512 IOPS.
7. Select NFS as the protocol used to access the application
8. Set the host IP addresses that will access the application
After creation, details of the application components will be displayed in the System Manager summary
For more information, see the ONTAP 9 documentation center
But how do you change the service level, the drop down only has value.
Performance and Extreme are supported on AFF platforms only.